13TH OCTOBER, 2010 ♥

Crystal Castles

...is the name of an experimental electronic band from Toronto, who have presented us with this synthy, drugged out, electro trip they like to call Baptism. However, my appreciation for the name of the band itself reigns over that for their music; CRYSTAL CASTLES?! It's brilliant. My inclination to visualise the things I hear has never been put to better use, as I see shiny crystalline castles in my head whenever this band is on the radio. Now, for a seamless transition into fashion; remember I mentioned the word 'crystal'!

I am not one to even subconsciously take all my sartorial inspiration directly from the set of Gossip Girl, but I am a die-hard fan of this show, predominantly for styling purposes! Occasionally their choices are predictable or too overtly niche, but sometimes they hit the nail on the head and knock me out. When I regain consciousness, I click my way over to Gossip Girl Fashion, and if I don't hit the jackpot there, I sigh and commence my own research.

Blake Lively, as the gorgeously erratic Serena, was seen wearing this beautiful gold and amethyst necklace in last week's episode. AMETHYST. I cannot find any more words to describe this, and sadly my bad quality screen capture does not quite do it justice:

serena

So I have traced it's origins to Danni Jo, two sisters from New York who are one of the many luxe/eclectic/boho/glam jewellery designers to rocket to fame due to recent accessory trends (and of course a few appearances on GG can never hurt).

This is Serena's 'Raya' necklace, $695.00 (USD):

cRaya_700

After perusing their website, I also fell in love with these crystal 'Lucia Mar' statement cocktail rings, available in peach and blue, $575.00 (USD):

cLUCIA_MAR_pop

Upon gracing my eyes with these crystal creations, I'm definitely going to be keeping my eye out for some more subtly priced similar adornments!

- C x

10 comments:

  1. Wow, stunning pieces!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all this crystal jewellery that's emerging at the moment!
    Also, there is a place in Byron Bay Australia called the Crystal Castle. It's awesome.
    Thanks for the lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the necklace. Love.

    Also love GG... such a guilty pleasure of mine. Although I have yet to start watching the new season yet! Major withdrawals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cecilia
    Your blog is really cute!
    Well, I did not watch Gossip Girl, just read 2 books =/
    I don't knwo this band, but the name is charming (the same thing to the rings, are really nice)

    Have a nice day
    ;*
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Im in love with that neaklace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful, so unique! I love the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the necklace!
    and like u said, i have finished the great gatsby! [haha. it probably seemed like ages u read that on my blog, right?]
    well. let me tell u: i loved it! it was amazing...and perfect...and deep...and SHOCKING; i had no idea that G would die. :O
    oh well. i cried :(

    <3
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your beautiful comments!
    Rachel, thanks for letting me know about the Crystal Castle in Byron Bay, that really is awesome indeed! <3
    - C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those rings are absolutely stunning - massive points for finding & sharing them with us. If only I had $600 - sigh.

    Love your blog too btw, you have excellent taste :)

    xo,
    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting a ring like that for ages.

    In other news, I saw Crystal Castles at Parklife last year - it was amazing!!
    x

    ReplyDelete

You make me smile. ♥